The start of the game could not have gone much bette
Ist fast schon zuhause hier
Aus: USA
Gruppe:
Mitglieder
Level: 12; EXP: 50
HP: 57 / 287
MP: 60 / 612
DENVER (AP) — r for German Marquez.And the end was a pleasure Kennys Vargas Jersey , too, for to the Colorado Rockies, who moved back into the NL West lead.The hard-throwing Marquez started with eight straight strikeouts to match a modern-era big league record, and the Rockies routed the Philadelphia Phillies 14-0 on Wednesday night to take a step closer to a postseason berth.“We still have got four more games. So we have to keep our heads in the same spot, just stay focused and continue to play good baseball,” Rockies slugger Carlos Gonzalez said. “Anything can happen in four days. But we’re right around where we want to be.”The Rockies outscored the Phillies by 34-4 over the first three games of the four-game series. David Dahl homered for the third straight game, and the Rockies went deep four times in all as they extended their winning streak to six.Colorado moved into the top spot in the NL West by a half-game with the Los Angeles Dodgers losing at Arizona. Trying to capture their first division title, the Rockies have not been in first place this late since 1995.They also opened a 1½-game advantage over St. Louis for the last NL wild-card spot.Marquez (14-10) allowed three hits in seven innings and struck out 11 to set a Rockies record with 221 for the season, seven more than Ubaldo Jimenez’s total in 2010.By striking out his first eight batters, Marquez tied a post-1900 mark set by Houston’s Jim Deshaies on Sept. 23, 1986, and equaled by the New York Mets’ Jacob deGrom on Sept. 15, 2014. The overall record of nine was set by New York’s Mickey Welch in an NL game on Aug. 28, 1884.Phillies pitcher Nick Pivetta finally broke the string with a grounder that Marquez fielded only to throw wildly to first for an error. Roman Quinn got Philadelphia’s first hit in the fourth.“I really executed my plan good,” Marquez said through an interpreter. “The same mindset, attacking the hitter and executing my pitches. A lot of times it doesn’t work perfectly. Tonight, it was close to that.”Marquez had everything working — fastball http://www.twinsfanproshop.com/authentic-max-kepler-jersey , his two breaking balls and even an occasional change.“It was impressive,” Gonzalez said. “It’s one of those things you really enjoy as a position player, seeing a guy dominate the way he did tonight. It’s exactly what we need at this point.”Marquez’s gem is the latest chapter in what’s been a frustrating finish for the Phillies (78-80), who have lost a season-high seven straight and have gone 15-32 since moving a season-high 15 games over .500 on Aug. 5. Philadelphia allowed double-digit runs in three straight games for the first time since June 1-4, 1958.“We’re playing really bad baseball right now, really bad baseball,” manager Gabe Kapler said. “There’s no excuse for it, none at all and we all have to look ourselves in the mirror, individually and collectively and figure out how to be better.”Trevor Story finished a double shy of the cycle. Charlie Blackmon went 0 for 4, ending his 17-game hitting streak.Colorado broke open the game with a seven-run fifth that included Dahl’s three-run homer, a two-run shot from Story and another two-run homer by Ian Desmond. All seven runs were scored with two outs.“Nobody wants to go out there and try to carry the weight or try to be the hero,” Gonzalez said. “Everybody needs to do their part and believe in their teammates. That’s what we’re doing.”CARGO’S BIG NIGHTGonzalez had two hits and drove in two runs. He’s hitting .363 in his career against the Phillies.The player nicknamed Cargo also chipped in with a play in the field. With two outs in the fourth and Quinn on first, Dylan Cozens delivered a single to right that Gonzalez quickly relayed to Story, who twirled and threw out Quinn at the plate.STRUGGLINGPivetta (7-14) allowed six runs in 4 2/3 innings and has not won since Aug. 7 at Arizona.“It starts with me. It ends with me and I didn’t set the tone today,” Pivetta said.TRAINER’S ROOMPhillies: INF J.P. Crawford is dealing with a right shoulder impingement. … C Wilson Ramos was out of the lineup with a sore wrist. … RHP Zach Eflin has a strained left oblique.Rockies: LHP Tyler Anderson (sore shoulder) played an “aggressive game of catch today,” MGR Bud Black said. “We are encouraged about where Tyler is.” Anderson’s start Monday was scratched.UP NEXTColorado’s RHP Antonio Senzatela (6-6, 4.52 ERA) starts Thursday against RHP Jake Arrieta (10-10 Rod Carew Jersey , 3.94), who is 2-2 in his career against the Rockies. Real baseball is here, even if the Twins are still playing Grapefruit League games"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Twinkie Town Farm ReportSatire, Irreverence, & Other HumorGame RecapsWednesday Twins links: Freedom and Free Breakfast for Opening DayNew,7commentsReal baseball is here, even if the Twins are still playing Grapefruit League gamesEDTShareTweetShareShareWednesday Twins links: Freedom and Free Breakfast for Opening DayRon Chenoy-USA TODAY SportsThe Twins announced their opening day various plans and promotions for Opening Day. You’ve probably heard Justin Morneau is tossing the first pitch, and some guy I’ve never heard of (but the kids probably are totally into) is singing the National Anthem. More awesomely, WWII vet and centenarian Lawrence Cline will raise the flag. Mr. Cline sounds awesome, so hopefully he has the time of his life. The Twins will also be serving free breakfast before the game, if anyone wants to trek down 7th street for the finest Food Service Company specials.Reuben Walker, writing for the Hardball Times, looks at the history of German baseball, starting from the end of World War II, through the lens of Max Kepler, and then addresses how that history and strong competitive drive molded Kepler into the player he is today. MPR has the forecast for my favorite holiday (Opening Day, remember the theme.) Early results suggest... warm-ish. Temps in the 50’s isa fairly normal opening day for the Twins Brian Dozier Jersey , as they run down the history. The average opening day in the Twin Cities has been 58 degrees during years the Twins played outdoors (since you know, the homer dome was climate controlled)If you want to know some bizarre facts about the various players you might see on Opening Day, FSN has you covered. Two players are rappers in their spare time (besides Joe Mauer,) and one of the players is a chicken farmer in the offseason. A couple others come from baseball families.While Opening Day for most of baseball isn’t for another eight days, real baseball actually started today. The Oakland As and the Seattle Mariners face each in Tokyo, at a terribly early hour, so the first game is already on and/or over by the time you read this. Ichiro fans, rejoice. The Japanese legend has returned to the diamond for this two-game set. Here are all the facts you need to know about the series.One person who will be a simple spectator for Opening Day this season is former manager Paul Molitor, who is enjoying his time off this winter, and recently made a spring break pilgrimage to Fort Myers with his twelve-year-old son. While the former skipper isn’t in a hurry to get back into the game, he also told Betsy Helfand that he probably isn’t done with baseball. It sounds like Thad Levine, Derek Falvey, and Rocco Baldelli are all receptive to bringing Molitor back into the organization, and that the Hall-of-Famer himself is open to the idea.Sticking with the Opening Day theme, here is a playlist of 32 songs that Mashable put together a few years back to celebrate the occasion. My playlist would look a little different, but I’m too lazy to make my own list.

Geschrieben am: 18.05.2019 05:11
Beitrag in eine andere Anwendung übertragen Übertragung

Erlaubt, Themen anzuschauen.
Nicht erlaubt, ein neues Thema zu erstellen.
Nicht erlaubt, auf Beiträge zu antworten.
Nicht erlaubt, Beiträge zu editieren.
Nicht erlaubt, Beiträge zu löschen.
Nicht erlaubt, Umfragen zu erstellen.
Nicht erlaubt, in Umfragen abzustimmen.
Nicht erlaubt, Dateien hoch zu laden.
Nicht erlaubt, Beiträge ohne Prüfung zu schreiben.

[Erweiterte Suche]